Thursday, November 3, 2011

The secret to soft skin......

Drumroll please............................ Crisco!  I know the first reaction is usually "gross".  At least that is what I thought when my son's doctor told me I could use it on his ezcema flares.  But you know what it works and it is cheap especially if you buy a store brand vegetable shortening.  Ok so here is how you use it:

~For ezcema you apply the shortening to the flare then wrap in cling wrap overnight.  The cling wrap keeps it in contact with the skin.

~For dry cracked heals apply the shortening to your feet.  Put on an old pair of socks overnight.  Repeat as needed.

~For your face  yes I said your face.  Wash your face and apply a thin layer before bedtime. It keeps your skin well hydated and firmer looking. You don't look greasy when you wake up either. If your skin is prone to blemishes then I would not use it on your face. 

~For everywhere else.  You can use vegetable shortening as you would any other moisturizer after a shower.

As Loretta Lynn says "Crisco will do ya proud everytime"

No comments:

Post a Comment