Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dirty Dishwashers Beware

 Would you eat off the inside of your dishwasher?  I am going to guess the answer is no.  Then why would you eat off plates that were washed in a dirty dishwasher.  There are commercial products to clean your dishwasher.  These  cleaner sells for around four dollars a bottle.  Now to be fair I don't know how many uses you get per bottle but I bet the cleaner I have found is cheaper.  I use lemonade.  Yep powdered no sugar added lemonade.  The citric acid busts up scum and grime.  You take two of the single lemonade packets (think Kool Aid but any brand will work*) and place them in the soap dispenser in your empty dishwasher.  Run a regular cycle.  Your dishwasher will be sparkling clean and smell much better.

*It has to be lemonade.  Other powdered drink flavors will not work.  Also it needs to be the kind you sweeten when you make it, not the kind that is pre-sweetened

No comments:

Post a Comment