Saturday, November 5, 2011

Paw print removal

                                                                            

We have an all glass front door.  My two year old can't keep his hands off it ...literally.  His finger prints are all over the inside and outside.  He calls them his paw prints.  I have heard about using vinegar to clean windows before but had never tried it.  I won't post something I haven't tried myself.  This afternoon we got home from shopping for groceries and I began to clean.  I went to the laundry room to get the window cleaner.  None there.  I don't remember using the last of it.  I am pretty sure my husband "borrowed" it and forgot to bring it back in from the garage.  I decided to give the vinegar a try.  To my surprise it worked very well.  I was worried it would leave a pickle smell behind but it didn't.  Here is what I did:

Take a spray bottle (I used on like you use to wet down your hair) and fill it 4 parts water to 1 part white vinegar.  No more paw prints.

1 comment:

  1. I use this solution too. I tried on wood cabinets and made them so shiny and took those sticky finger prints off. So I decided to try on counter tops and now they shine too. Looked up our wood floor on internet and it was suggested to use on floor too, so voila it worked too. Use on wood furniture, so basically I clean with vinegar water! I use bleach water on white stove and then go over with vinegar solution, for a great, smooth shine.

    ReplyDelete