Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recipe to recipe: Tacos to soup

One easy way to save money is to take supper from last night and make into supper tonight.  One of my favorites is to use leftover taco meat to make Santa Fe soup.  Our hamburger comes in 1.5 lb packages so we always have leftover meat. 

*Santa Fe soup:
Leftover taco meat
1lb Velveeta (half of the log) cubed
1 can kidney beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 package Knorr taco rice
1 can Rotel
3-4 cups of water depending how thick you want it.
Serve with corn chips

Combine all ingredient and cook on low for 4-6 hours in a slow cooker.  This will thicken the longer you cook it.  My husband likes it really thick like a dip.  It can be cooked on the stove but you must watch it or it will burn on the bottom

*I generally cook on the fly.  I don't use exact measurements so the amount of water is my best guess.  You can adjust the water and cheese to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment