Thursday, October 27, 2011

feelin the burn

Ever since I got pregnant with my second son I have had a problem with heartburn.  I am not talking about a little discomfort.  I mean wake you up out of a deep sleep, throat on fire heartburn.  I was going through a bottle of antacids every couple of weeks.  I only used a particular kind and flavor that cost around $4 a bottle.  I thought it was well worth the price.  One night it was a wake up on fire night.  I went to the bathroom, opened the medicine cabinet and confronted my worst nightmare.  I was out of antacid.  I was in a panic.  What was I going to do?  Then I remembered my uncle Doug telling me that he eats baking soda when he had heartburn.  Hmmm  was it worth a try?  At this point I was willing to try anything.  I could not make myself eat baking soda but I was willing to drink some dissolved in water.  I took a spoonful of baking soda and disolved it in a small amount of warm water.  I held my nose and chugged it down.  I stood there for a couple of seconds and proceeded to  have the biggest burb in my life.  Relief was instantaneous.  No more antacids in this house.  Instead of paying $4 for a bottle of antacid I pay under a dollar for a box of baking soda.  I will warn you it does not taste the greatest but it is totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment